Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall Equinox

Another burning man all by myself. This year the legs aren't quite right but I never claimed to be an artist. Made of oak, maple, pine and laurel; he's held together with woven honeysuckle vines and stood about 7ft tall. A wickerman or greenman sacrifice was used as blessing for a good harvest and an offering in hopes of an easy winter and that you would have what you need until it was planting time again. I hope we all have what we need and just maybe a little of what we want this season. The wheel turns on.


“The Wheel rolls more, and Autumn returns.

Cooler the rain; the Sun lower burns.

The coloring leaves presage the Year:

All things move into harvest’s sphere.

I vow to savor fruits first picked;

nor into grief shall I be tricked.

I vow to offer what once I spurned,

and face the Turning reassured."

- Asleen O’Gaea



>1 2 3 4 5 6 7

No comments: